Thursday, April 06, 2006

Change of Scenery?

In late November I sent my resume to a very large company. Since early January, I've been doing testing to see whether or not I qualify. So far, I've done very well on all the tests and very nearly got exempt from ever needing to be tested again in one area.

Today I had my formal interview in front of the board of directors. A little nerve wracking, but not as intimidating as I feared. All those years of 'opening night jitters' helped me deal with the nerves. The tough part is the waiting. I won't find out anything about today's interview until June or July. If I move on to the next step, I'll be sent away for an extensive training period. And the kicker is, even if I pass the interview, I could be in the waiting pool for as little as four weeks or as long as two years before I get sent for training. IF, capital I and F, I pass the training period, then I've got the job. If not, I need something to fall back on (like maybe my current job?). To me (and to Sue), this opportunity is worth the wait and the risk.

That's pretty much all I'm going to say about it.

1 comment:

Stef said...

Fingers crossed, knocking on wood, all the stuff. Good luck!