Monday, August 21, 2006

I love Air Canada

Have you seen Windsor Airport? If not, it's small. I think there is one gate. Yet, the last two times I've flown from Windsor to Toronto, my bags have been lost. What is up with that? How hard is it? There was only one plane in Windsor, how come my bags didn't get on it?

I won't even get into some of the other diasters that AC & I have shared. I could write a book about it.

My dear wife, who I totally ADORE for her wisdom, suggested last week that I take a uniform as carry-on, just in case. Being the obedient husband that I am, I followed her advice and packed everything I'd need for one day in my carry-on. Except toileteries. Now, my first day is done and I STILL DON'T HAVE ANY LUGGAGE!!! I'm told that they will be delivered today, but I'll believe it when I see it. Big points to Sue for coming up with her idea. Wow, I'd be so totally up the creek without that suggestion.

So here I am, with the clothes that I wore yesterday and the one uniform I carried on. Hopefully my bags come soon.

Like right now would be nice.

----------

UPDATE: 9:00pm

Apparently I'm quite a powerful writer. It turns out that as I was writing my little rant, my bags were being delivered that very minute. Hah. Oh wait, they were only 22 hours late, so it's really not THAT funny.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Be happy you got them only one day late and that you at least had a change of clothes. Wait until you're in a foreign country for 2 or 3 days without even a change of socks, etc.

Yvette said...

I also learnt the hard way to put certain things in my carry on luggage. When Dylan was 2 and Kolina was 4, we went to Mallorca for a holiday. Our bags didn't show up with us, but luckily they arrived later in the day. HOWEVER. Until they did arrive, we had to look at the beach and look at the gorgeous swimming pool in our travelling clothes. Now, when we go anywhere beachy, I put our bathing suits in the hand luggage. We can always use a hotel towel if we have to, but at least we'll be able to go swimming if our bags get lost.

bobb0 said...

You think Windsor's is small, try Sarnia!! LOL