Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Hammer Time

I want to be 10 minutes faster in the Windsor Tri this year. To do that I need to cut at least 5 minutes out of the bike portion, which means going from an average speed last year of 32.5 km/hr to 36 km/hr. I think it can happen.

Today was the first day that I've really hammered it on the bike. I went from work to home in just over 13 minutes and was able to sustain 34+ wherever there were no stops. The best part is that I still have three higher gears to use.

2 comments:

Cliff said...

Nick,

Going faster speed and able to sustain it is a great feeling.

For me, last summer i was happy to see myself hitting 30 kph. Now I am hitting 35 kph with ease (depend on terrain, wind of course). It feels great.

Chris "Man of Steel" Mefford said...

You will need to go eleven minutes faster if you plan on beating me this summer!

Chris "Man of Steel" Mefford